- I recently finished reading The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet by Reif Larsen. What a wonderful, wonderful book. It's an enchanting blend of science, ranch culture, Victorian romance, mystery and travelogue all told from the perspective of a precocious 12-year old boy. The margins of the book are filled with beautiful diagrams and footnotes. Highly recommended!
- I recently started reading Tinkers by Paul Harding. It won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction this year, though almost no one had heard of it. This represents the first time the award has gone to a novel published by a small publishing house since (one of my favorites of all-time) A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole won in 1981. So far, I love it. Echoes of Faulkner, and all that.
- You know how some people are all "OMG why are they playing Christmas music 24/7 on the radio already? I hate that!"? Yeah, I'm not one of those people. BRING ON THE CHRISTMAS, I SAY!
- I made souffles for Halloween - and it didn't turn out to be scary!
- We ate at the Broadmoor Bistro again last week. The menu changes every 2 months, so it was time to make another visit. This one was better than the last, and the last was exceptional. If you want a great meal for a great price (And a good cause!) on a Wednesday night, make a reservation now!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Now is the time on Schprockets when we dance.
Time for... another bulleted list!