- I turned 35 last week. We celebrated with dinner at Justus Drugstore (one of the best meals I've ever had), and a fireworks show at a family friend's farm. The fireworks were almost as amazing as the dinner.
- We're finally watching Mad Men and now know what all the hype is about. We're about halfway through the third season and are loving it! There's such a Sopranos vibe about it, and it's so visually stunning. My favorite line - Beatnik to Don: "How do you sleep at night?" Don: "On a bed made of money."
- I won a contest of sorts and as a result will be interviewing Ben Folds via video chat at some point in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for details. I've got some good questions lined up - let me know if you have anything you'd like me to ask.
- Last month my mom and I saw Rufus Wainwright in concert. He was terrific. The first half of the show he did his best "Liberace-live-from-the-grave" routine while playing the entirety of his All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu. It was strange and sad and beautiful. The second half had him wearing a suit made from Betty Draper's old couch and playing songs we knew.
- Mr. Awesome and I went to see She & Him. It was almost as good as I expected it to be. Almost, because whoever was running the lights was off-game, and the bass was way too loud. But Zooey Deschanel is divine, and M. Ward is mesmerizing.
- I am really, really looking forward to summer ending this year. That said, this is the first summer in I don't know how many years that I have worn shorts, and I have to say that I like wearing shorts. But, in general, I like dressing for cooler temperatures much better. There are far more options.
- Flossing is a pleasure that I hope you don't deny yourself.
- Netflix streaming is like digital manna from the gods. We’ve seen some great movies that we’d never have found otherwise. Here are some good ones you should check out:
- We’re eating dinner tomorrow night at the Broadmoor Bistro. It’s our first time, so I hope it’s good!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
It's a mad mad mad mad world.
What's the easiest way to play catch-up? With a list!