Four Food Questions:
- How far would you be willing to travel to satisfy a food craving?
- Have you ever eaten rabbit? If so, what did you think? If not, why not?
- Have you ever made your own bread? If so, how?
- Where do you usually spend Easter and what do you usually eat?
- I'd probably drive about 30-45 minutes for a good meal. for snack cravings, probably 20 minute drive, tops.
- I've never eaten rabbit. The one time it was offered to me was on Easter when I was about 10. My uncle had made a rabbit stew and told us he caught the Easter Bunny breaking into his house. There was no way I was eating the Easter Bunny.
- I've made bread in my bread machine. It turned out good. I haven't made any in a while - maybe it's time to break it out again.
- Easter dinner is with my mom. We always have a leg of lamb with mint jelly, Mr. Awesome's favorite curry rice casserole, my favorite 7-layer salad, some sort of veggie and rolls. This year, we didn't do Easter dinner on Easter. Instead, we're doing it next Sunday.
- When did you last sleep in a tent?
- What comes to mind when you think about relieving yourself in the great outdoors?
- Where’s the best place you ever went camping?
- What’s your favorite camp food?
- What’s your sleeping bag like?
- I think the last time I slept in a tent was when I was about 10 years old, at my grandparents' lake house at lake Pomme de Terre. We set it up in the front yard. About halfway through the night, it started to pour down rain. We had to run inside and spent the rest of the night on the living room floor.
- I had to pee outside exactly twice, and each time I hated it.
- I haven't gone camping since I was a kid, and it wasn't camping - it was summer camp. A couple of years ago we met some friends for breakfast at their campsite just east of Kansas City, and that was really, really fun. At the end of May, those same friends have convinced us to go camping when them on some private land. With working bathrooms.
- I love burnt hot dogs and s'mores. I also love camp breakfast with cheesy eggs and meat.
- I don't have a sleeping bag (yet). The last sleeping bag I owned had My Little Ponies on it. Yeah, I roll like that.
I'm on a roll - one more set from Friday5.org:
- What’s something you know how to draw?
- Who’s someone you could get away with impersonating?
- Where’s the stapler?
- Why will this be a great weekend?
- When are you going to make that phone call you’ve been putting off?
- I can't draw. I can doodle during meetings. Usually trees and flowers. Or snowmen.
- I can do a pretty decent Tracy Jordan impression.
- Behind me on my desk, next to the tape dispenser, on a Hard Rock Cafe London mouse pad that my sister brought back for me from her trip to Europe several years ago.
- Let's see... if it doesn't rain later we're taking Finnie to play with Taigan. I don't know what we're doing tomorrow - maybe the Pet Expo, definitely the bookstore at some point. Sunday it's me and my mom going to see Phantom of the Opera preceeded by brunch someplace spiffy. And sleeping in Saturday and Sunday morning. All the makings of a great weekend.
- Probably in about 30 minutes.