- I read two books recently. The first, Duma Key by Stephen King, was really long (over 600 pages) but also really well-written, really funny, really creepy and really good. The second, Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk, was a hilarious, quick read. Bonus points for more helpful household tips than Heloise.
- Mr. Awesome and I got iPhones. While I had a feeling it would be cool, its coolness has far exceeded my expectations. My love for the iPhone shows no sign of waining.
- I've developed a bit of an obsession with iPhone apps recently. The following are ones I find particularly excellent (search the Apps Store to find them):
- Twinkle - Twitter app and more - Free
- Facebook - Free
- Mobile Fotos - If you use Flickr, you need this app - a bargain at $2.99
- Aurora Feint - Gorgeous game that's sort of like Tetris, but better. For those of us who don't have other portable game systems, this game is great - Free
- Midomi - Sing a line or hum a bar from a song and this app tells you what the song is with pretty good results - Free
- Thanks to the iPhone, I've become what I swore I'd never be - a texter. I can't believe I resisted it for so long.
- Finnie got "fixed" a couple of weeks ago. She had to wear one of those ridiculous Elizabethan collars for a week. I won't post a photo here so as not to embarass her. She has fully recovered and is chasing Frisbees again.
- Last night, in an attempt to jazz up my normal Orange Chicken recipe, I added too much vinegar and ended up making accidental BBQ chicken. That was weird and unexpected, but surprisingly good over rice.
- My mom sent me a link to a video that you all must watch. It's terrific. Go on - watch it now.
- I received my gift certificates from the Hard Rock Cafe. One hundered smackers worth. Hot damn, we're eating well in Louisville this weekend.
- Speaking of Louisville, we're headed there this weekend. Did I say that already? Tomorrow night we'll be enjoying the soulful sounds of Ben Folds and the Louisville Symphony Orchestra.
- Speaking of Ben Folds, his latest CD, Way to Normal, was released on Tuesday. It's terrific.
- This Louisville trip kicks off a series of BenVentures that will take us all over the freaking Midwest in the next two weeks. I see lots of fast food in my future.
Friday, October 3, 2008
I'm voting for James Garner, the original Maverick.
A list of items and occurrances relevant to me and mine: